Nintendo’s latest Indie World showcase, held on April 19, 2023, has got gaming enthusiasts on the edge of their seats with its exciting and charming new games set to be released on the Switch platform. The showcase highlighted 15 upcoming games, ranging from cute 2D games to action-packed titles, and RPGs to puzzle games. Nintendo seems to have packed something for everyone in this 20-minute event. With so many genres, game styles and possibilities on the horizon, it’s hard not to be excited about what’s coming to Switch.
Games to Watch Out For
- Mineko’s Night Market: A fun-filled adventure game set in a magical cat world, launches September 26, 2023.
- My Time at Sandrock: A farming game inspired by Gobi desert, releases in Summer 2023.
- Plate Up: A roguelite management sim coming out in October 2023.
- Quilts and Cats of Calico: A cat petting and quilt sewing multiplayer game, releases Fall 2023.
- Rift of the Necrodancer: A rhythm game with lane-based combat coming out in 2023.
- Shadows Over Loathing: A 1920s-inspired, hand-drawn mystery-solver, now available for digital download.
- Bomb Rush Cyberfunk: A Jet Set Radio-like game set in a vibrant cyberpunk city, coming out in August 18, 2023.
Other Game Releases and Updates
In addition to the exciting games mentioned above, Nintendo also showcased updates and new releases on some of its already popular games, including Teslagrad 2 and Teslagrad Remastered, as well as Shovel Knight Pocket Dungeon Puzzler’s Pack DLC. Furthermore, the presentation revealed two eagerly anticipated titles: Blasphemous II, the sequel to the macabre 2D action platformer; and Oxenfree II: Lost Signals, the sequel set five years after the first game.
Nintendo’s latest Indie World showcase presentation has truly given us a glimpse into the exciting game world in store for us. These games showcase promising performances and some clever gameplay ideas which will keep gamers hooked for hours.