Dead Island 2 by Deep Silver and Dambuster Studios has sold over one million copies globally in its first three days of release. The game launched for PlayStation 5, Xbox Series, PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC via the Epic Games Store on April 21.
According to Deep Silver, the gameplay statistics of Dead Island 2 showed that in the first three days, the game had received:
- 11 million hours of gameplay
- 756 million zombie limbs hacked off
- 28 million player deaths, over twice the population of Los Angeles
- 45 million zombies sliced in half
- 1.1 billion zombies slayed in total.
Dead Island 2 is a first-person shooter game that involves the players fighting the undead on a tropical island. The success of the game within just three days of its release has shown its popularity among gamers all over the world.