A recent study conducted by the National Institute of Mental Health has shown that daily meditation can have a significant positive impact on mental health. The study, which involved over 500 participants, found that those who practiced meditation on a daily basis reported lower levels of anxiety and depression, as well as improved focus and cognitive function.
The benefits of meditation on mental health are not a new concept, but this study provides further evidence of its effectiveness. One of the key findings was that a daily practice of as little as 10 minutes can have a noticeable impact on mental well-being. This is great news for those who have been hesitant to try meditation because they don’t have a lot of spare time.
If you’re thinking of starting a daily meditation practice, here are some tips to get you started:
- Start with just a few minutes a day and gradually increase the time as you become more comfortable.
- Find a quiet and comfortable space where you can sit undisturbed.
- Focus on your breath and simply observe your thoughts without judgement.
- Don’t get discouraged if you find your mind wandering – this is normal and part of the process.
- Stay consistent with your practice and make it a habit.
Remember, the benefits of daily meditation are long-lasting and can improve your overall well-being. Give it a try and see how it can positively impact your mental health.